Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Random Thoughts

As I don't have a real topic I'm simply going to discuss various things that pop into my head.  I ususally try to fixate on one topic but several things have been rolling around in my head lately.

The first is that I'm a bit tired of the sophistry masquarading as argument regarding the HHS mandate.  Time and again those who support the mandate seem to think that allowing the Church to not pay for abortions and sterilizations is somehow "forcing people to abide by Church doctrine."  The sheer absurdity is maddening, to be quite honest.  Not having to pay for something is NOT the same as tying someone up and forcing them to be baptized.  I for one am sick and tired of this ridiculous and somewhat dishonest argument.

Another thing I'm tired of is every random atheist on the internet thinking that all Christians are New Creation/Creationist/Literalist Fundamentalists.  When just one google search and click can address this some random hothead comes in, points out the civil laws in Leviticus, and somehow declares victory that his made up morality is somehow superior because of his blowhard arrogance.  When pointed out he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about he acts as if this is something to be proud of.

Whew.  Rant over.  So what else.....ah yes.

My wife and I plan to return to Korea for at least two weeks in September.  So in an honest atttempt to learn the language I am studying my brains out using Rosetta Stone.  I like the format most of the time but Korean is a strange language, with Subject/Object/Verb structure and how the words for "car" and "tea" are the exact same word.  I last about 45 min before my brain turns to goo.  And I think I broke my jaw trying to pronounce "policeman." 

Finally a public service announcement.  If you play video games on your iPad stay away from Game Dev story.  This is pure gaming crack for your iPhone/iPad.  Its cutesy graphics and simple interface suck you in, and before you know it it is 1am and you owe the discipline jar $5 because you promised your wife that you would be in bed before then and failed once again.  You have been warned.  Game Dev Story causes insomnia.

Anything else?  The Fortnight for Freedom kicks off and Diablo is defeated.  Coincedence?   I think not.

No comments: