Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Dominican Prayer Day 23

So after a hiatus I have returned to this project of the Nine Ways.  Apparently even after my mini-breakthrough the frustration of the Third Way has sapped my will to continue.

It doesn't help that the Fourth Way is long.  The first three ways can be done in about 15 minutes or so.  It takes that much time to do the Fourth Way.

I do like the way though.  During the genuflections I feel like I can concentrate somewhat on the individual stations.  My mind is more focused (a relative term here, be gentle) as I do the stations.

It also helps to start with the First Way to prepare the mind.  The book mentions that St. Dominic would use the First Way as a preparation for the other ways.  I now do the same.

All in all this promises to be a good start again despite the delay.  Even the smallest time used makes it easier to pray and stay peaceful.  I’ll confess I've had some difficulty with that.

Stay tuned.

No comments: